Idea - schematic information in %description

Przemyslaw Iskra sparky at pld-linux.org
Thu May 3 17:56:12 CEST 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 08:57:40AM -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> If you want package categories, please add as a separate tag, not by
> overloading description.

Yup, that would be a better idea. I was thinking about %description
because it actually works. Adding new tag requires some work in rpm, as
well as a decent support in poldek. But making a list of all possible
categories and tags, and than adding it to packages is going to take
a lot of time anyway.

I don't really feel the idea of adding such information separatelly from
building process. Of course it isn't wise to rebuild some big package
just because of changes in summary, description or category, but in case
of our automation a lot of work may be required to do it other way than
rebuilding the package.

--
 ____  Sparky{PI] -- Przemyslaw _  ___  _  _  ........... LANG...Pl..Ca..Es..En
/____) ___  ___  _ _ || Iskra  |  | _ \| |  | : WWW........ppcrcd.pld-linux.org