[RFC] Repository layout change / Zmiana układu repo

Radoslaw Zielinski radek at pld-linux.org
Mon May 14 00:07:01 CEST 2007

wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org> [13-05-2007 23:22]:
> On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 11:02:41PM +0200, Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:
[...]
> > We have tamed CVS over the years and know how to deal with its
> > shortcomings.  The only real unsolved problem is lack of "cvs mv", but
> > this could be changed with far less work than changing VCS, if someone
> > cared enough.
> lack of mv... and also
> - off-line diff
> - revert (on-line/off-line)

rm && cvs up; you can't do much being offline anyway.

> - atomic commit

Blah.

> - lack of something like svk for svn (or i am just not aware)

You mean "for CVS" (as svk with svn Just Works)?  According to "svk h
mi|grep cvs" it's supported, but I couldn't get it to work last time I
tried...  That would also fix the online diff issue.

> anyway, it was all discussed several times, so... eot? :)

Probably...

--
Radosław Zieliński <radek at pld-linux.org>