[RFC] Repository layout change / Zmiana układu repo

Jan Rekorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Mon May 14 00:41:28 CEST 2007

On Sun, 13 May 2007, Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:

> Jan Rekorajski <baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl> [13-05-2007 20:20]:
> > We all know that CVS sucks, less for some (me included) and more for
>
> All version control systems suck.  CVS just sucks least for this kind of
> repository.
>
> > others.  But, if we want to switch to anything else, we have to change
> > the repository layout from flat SPECS/SOURCES to dir-per-package,
> > because any other CMS won't handle such layout (you can imagine how
> > would SVN repo look like - a ~milion directories, and GIT just doesn't
> > scale - I did a test on SPECS and got a monstrosity).
>
> This clearly shows problems with *other* VC systems.  There is no point
> in switching.  It would create more problems than it'd solve.

I don't think you understood, I'm not proposing VCS change, that's for
the future.  I'm proposing layout change to make it _possible_ to even
consider a VCS change.

Janek
--
Jan Rekorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?