[RFC] Repository layout change / Zmiana układu repo

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Tue May 15 00:13:36 CEST 2007

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 09:28:52PM +0100, wrobell wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 09:58:06PM +0200, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> [...]
> > What are the problems? The so called "problems" are the rare
> > situations where you need to grep through ALL the spec files. This
> > could easily be solved by a tool like adapter, builder, recompile,
> > repackage and other scripts that are there just to help you in certain
> > situations.
>
> grep -r
>
> ?

Wrong, it will grep not only specs, but also sources and whole overgrown
metadata, taking more time and returning some junk matches outside specs.

Per-package layout is acceptable to me _as long_ as there will be flat
SPECS dir with symlinked spec files. Server-side symlinks should work
well with CVS (with little server-side overhead?), don't know about
other VCSs.

One more disadvantage: more work when adding new package (1 or 3 mkdirs
+ cvs adds depending on layout - is it going to be
package/{package.spec,package*.patch} or
package/{SPECS/package.spec,SOURCES/package*.patch} ?

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/