Help with rpm anyone?

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Wed May 23 15:50:19 CEST 2007

On 5/23/07, Jeff Johnson <n3npq at mac.com> wrote:
> On May 23, 2007, at 9:21 AM, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> What is in /usr/lib/rpm/?

I don't think that's related. All files are intact and /var/lib/rpm
seems fine too.

> Check your rpm installation with
>      rpm -V rpm

[patrys at meaw ~]$ rpm -V rpm
[patrys at meaw ~]$ rpm -q rpm
rpm-4.4.8-0.4.i686
[patrys at meaw ~]$

What I discovered after a little while of digging into python-rpm API
(comes from ipython):

In [1]: import rpm
error: Unable to open /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc for reading: No such file or directory.
In [2]: ts = rpm.TransactionSet()
In [3]: db = ts.openDB()
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm

So it seems that python bindings are not up-to-date (first error is
related to a file that is no longer part of rpm) and doing something
weird (the second error).

Help appreciated.

--
Patryk Zawadzki