Yum repodata in PLD

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Fri May 25 19:02:30 CEST 2007

On May 25, 2007, at 12:42 PM, Jakub Bogusz wrote:

> On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 01:35:58PM +0200, Cezary Krzyzanowski wrote:
>> Dnia 24-05-2007, czw o godzinie 17:43 +0300, Elan Ruusamäe napisał
>> (a):
>>
>>> i'm +1
>>>

>> +1 - especially as poldek can make use of Suggest macro.
>
> YPB?
> Does poldek support suggests? With pndir or yum repodata?
> Does yum support suggests?
> Has anyone verified it?

Resistance to Suggests: was quite terrifying to yum developers, and,
in fact, is one of the reasons for the rpm fork.

> Suggests was really merged in rpm 4.4.3 and AFAIK Fedora/RH didn't go
> beyond 4.4.2.
> And I don't see RPMSENSE_MISSINGOK or RPMTAG_SUGGESTS* in rpm python
> bindings or poldek sources.

Many flags are not defined within python. Easy hacking in python/
rpmmodule.c

Meanwhile the value is a problem, as I cannot gurantee that the value is
invariant in *.rpm packaging. I'm actively devising a way to include
attributes by "missingok" string rather than (1 << 19) value.

The suggests tag is likely implicitly available as
     h['suggests']
even if RPMTAG_SUGGESTS* is not explicitly in rpm-python.

ANd what *REALLY* needs doing is to figger a clearly defined
semantic, as in
     WTF is a depsolver supposed to do with Suggests:?!?

What dpkg./apt does is print the Suggests: to stdout, not exactly
the most useful or powerful semantic.

BTW, Enhances: should be renamed to Recommends: I got
the name wrong. I don't use apt ;-)

73 de Jeff