[th] geninitrd with root on cciss

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Tue Oct 16 23:57:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've just installed Th on new HP ProLiant and everything went ok apart
from initrd. My rootfs is /dev/cciss/c0d0p2, this path is passed as
$device (mount -t $rootFs \$device /newroot), BUT cciss subdirectory
isn't created (in initrd_gen_tmpfs_dev) and initrd contains /dev/c0d0p2
(with no cciss subdirectory).
I've worked it out by manual change in mount command, otherwise there
was no device inode to mount and no mounted filesystem for switch_root,
however it would be nice if someone familiar with geninitrd have fixed
this.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>