[Th] vserver + vpoldek + vrpm

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Tue Sep 4 15:36:20 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 04 September 2007 15:48:15 Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what is the original util-vserver-vrpm.patch from
> the spec trying to achieve? Other than making vrpm and vpoldek die of
> course.

date: 2006/01/20 15:52:24;  author: baggins;  state: Exp;
- do chbind for rpm (lack of chbind breaks %pre/%post rpm scripts)

the %pre and %post scripts execute server restarts that do use network.
without the chbind call the scripts just failed because no network privileges
were present.

ie apache restarts after apache upgrades always failed.

--
glen