[Fwd: Re: [Th] Upgrade apport - jak rozumieć ten błąd?]

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Wed Apr 9 21:06:53 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 09 April 2008 21:56, Tomasz Mateja wrote:
> Elan Ruusamäe pisze:
> >> Try yourself in vmware or virtualbox
> >
> > no i won't. if you want something fixed, share 'rpm -qa' (answer to
> > question "what was installed afterall")
>
> Ok I'll prepare detailed report but I don't like your attitude as a RM.
> Whats the difference between grey developer and RM?? RM can send build
> requests? move rpm's in ftp? true. But RM is required to use brain in
> every move he makes. He is the last QA for everything in distro.

In pld RM seems to be person who actually takes care that packages get moved
to updates and dependencies are not broken (won't move pkgs without all
dependencies are rebuilt). however mistakes happen as there's only one queue
to verify dependencies (not two like in th), but i try to be quick to resolve
them.

build requests can send developers how have gpg key in cvs and access in
builder config. who they are and why they are you have to ask former RM (or
even RM before former RM).

the sad story is that gray developer sends something to ac-ready and he
doesn't care what happens further. there are plenty of pkgs laying around as
some deviloper sent pkg, broke some dependencies and doesn't send rest of the
pgs that need rebuild. i've mailed them to finish the upgrade, however there
are still unifinished ones in queue. for months already.

and if you need access to ac builder requests and don't have one, mail me
privately.

--
glen