AC installation was (Re: [Fwd: Re: [Th] Upgrade apport - jak rozumiec' ten b?a;d?])

Marcin Krol hawk at limanowa.net
Thu Apr 10 12:25:25 CEST 2008

>> AFAIR there was just few KB left on some disk. Also I don't have
>> installer build environment anymore.
> Pity, but I'll try to make some.

I hardly belive that you will succeed. To get extra space you will need
to remove some kernel modules included on bootdisks. While this can be
done on bootdisk-net it shouldn't be done on bootdisk-cd. In any case
removing kernel modules will force user to use addon disks.

Also, did I mentioned that bootdisk is using kernel 2.4? And there is no
way to put 2.6 there, it will simply not fit there no matter how hard
you will try.

You may also get required amount of space by removing translations.
They're around 100KB and doesn't compress well. Or you may prepare
separate bootdisks in english, polish and german. But I think its not
worth of it. Ac bootdisks are useless on modern hardware (kernel doesn't
support most of motherboards, mainly SATA controllers).

And very important info: if you will touch something on bootdisk be
prepared that 3 other things will stop working. It was just one big
workaround to get Ra installer working for Ac. You should better invest
your time in preparing Anaconda bootdisks, really :)

M.