Re: libcdio - o co chodzi z tą zależnością?

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Thu Apr 24 00:59:30 CEST 2008

On Apr 23, 2008, at 6:41 PM, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 April 2008 23:40, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
>>>  Raczej libmagic do poprawki - skoro uznaje to za ELF, to to
>>> powinno mieć
>>>  priorytet.
>>
>> [en]
>> I think libmagic should be fixed - when it treats library as ELF
>> (printing further information, like linking type and stripping), it
>> should print it's ELF, not anything else.
>
> first i tought that maybe moving ELF magic before ISO would help,
> but no. it
> already is, and "not stripped" iso thing :/
>
> file-4.24/magic/Makefile.am:
> $(MAGIC_FRAGMENT_DIR)/elf \
> $(MAGIC_FRAGMENT_DIR)/encore \
> $(MAGIC_FRAGMENT_DIR)/epoc \
> $(MAGIC_FRAGMENT_DIR)/erlang \
> $(MAGIC_FRAGMENT_DIR)/esri \
> $(MAGIC_FRAGMENT_DIR)/fcs \
> $(MAGIC_FRAGMENT_DIR)/filesystems \
>
> this also means, the latest file release is still affected.

Yes, file(1) recognizes ELF through internal routines, but ISO images
by magic rules.

SO one would have to change the order of ELF and the rule based magic
recognizers.

(aside) This is from memory, I'll verify tomorrow.

As suggested on IRC, commenting out the rule based magic entirely might
avoid duplicated "1st match wins" recognition.

73 de Jeff