dir for initrd progs

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sun Apr 27 15:25:08 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 13:22:04 +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> these programs are not to be used from regular system,

State them, let's talk about the ones, not some ones.

> there are shared
> versions of same (and usually more featured) programs. [1]

In that case it's ok for me.

> > > %{_libbdir}/lib
> >
> > What's the point?
>
> organize same way as initrd would have for simplier initrd generation (cp -a
> or sth).

As above - are these some alternate versions useless during normal
system work?

> > > %{_libbdir}/etc
> >
> > No - as above, breaks FHS, this directory would not be backuped in many
> > cases.
>
> but there could be config for APP which is specially optimized for initrd
> (config which is compatible with featureless APP as full featured APP config
> would cause syntax or similiar errors). and it is not config file that you
> modify (no %config attr), it's template for config file.

However I'd suggest /etc/initrd/ and at most symlink %{_libbdir}/etc -> /etc/initrd.

It would be easier if you give some examples.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>