SPEC: awesome3

Zsolt Udvari udvzsolt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 22:51:18 CEST 2008

> Is series 2 to be maintained by author of the software? If not then there is
> no point in having spec renamed and in keeping old version.
IMHO yes (imho max 1/2-1 year), because the latest version was
released about one week ago:
http://awesome.naquadah.org/news/version_2.3.3/
And awesome2 and awesome3 are totally incompatible, e.g. awesome2 has
a simple configuration file and awesome3 has a lua-based config-file
(and many-many other differencies).
http://awesome.naquadah.org/news/version_3.0-rc1/

> ps. non stable versions are not allowed on HEAD (but allowed on other branches
> like DEVEL)
OK, I know, but I want to use it, so I've created this spec and send
it (when anybody wants to probe out awesome3) and builded rpm-package
(based this spec-file).
And maybe after some weeks (when the stable version'll release) you
shouldn't make many-many changes this file or create a new one...

Zsolt