TeXLive

wrobell wrobell at pld-linux.org
Sat Dec 6 23:35:52 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 05:19:41PM -0500, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2008, at 4:41 PM, wrobell wrote:
>

>> [1] my asus eee pc has 4GB of storage, so don't event try to tell me
>> that
>>    sdd space is cheap
>>
>> [2] i am accessing internet via 3G, so please don't tell me that
>> bandwith
>>    is cheap, as well
>
> Well asus eee is not exactly representative hqrdware, and 3G doesn't
> exactly supply bandwidth yet, are the flaws in your reasoning abt
> packaging.

you are right for asus eee pc, but still... it is nice to have tetex
on it and not waste over 60MB in unneeded stuff. hence, pld on my
machine instead of other distro.

in case of 3G... well... let's allow the flame to start. i don't mind
10KB/s download speeds (as _not_ advertised) but 1GB for 9.99eu or 0.49eu
for 1MB if you are over your limit is not cheap. for me, at least.

> But points noted fer sure, TeX is not easy packaging, never has been.

indeed :)

best regards,

    wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org>