xulrunner.spec and ac bcond

wrobell wrobell at pld-linux.org
Fri Dec 19 19:43:18 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 07:35:54PM +0100, Pawel Golaszewski wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2008, wrobell wrote:
> > as i know we have ac branch for ac distro line. what's the point of ac
> > bcond in xulrunner.spec?
>
> I think it's good direction when the difference is only in BR's or some
> simple configure options. There is no point in branching for so simple
> things.

it is messy as you need to look at distro line i 3 ways
- trunk (no changes)
- ac branch
- and now ac bcond

and i bet it will kick our asses sooner or later. people will abuse the
bcond thing. moreover, it already happens with python-psycopg2.spec to
build psycopg with python 2.4. we will end up with mess.

best regards,

    wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org>