TeXLive rel 0.8 testing

Zsolt Udvari udvzsolt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 15:42:33 CET 2008

Hi all!

I hope there are many-many pld users, who wants TeXLive. So, here is
the uniqe chance!
There is a(n almost) ready version of TeXLive (2008), but needed some testing.
You can download the 0.8 release from
carme-i686:/var/tmp/uzsolt-texlive. In this directory there is a file
BASE_RPMS, which contains the name of the rpms, with them you can
use/compile/view/... not too complicated TeX/LaTeX files.
The TeXLive is more faster than "old" tetex, so please try and test it!
You can bugreport or send me an email or can modify texlive.spec, when
you found a bug.

When there are not "critical" bugs, can change the release to 1, send
STBR, and after rebuild texlive.spec (bootstrap).

Zsolt