rpm %pre,%post deps

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Fri Feb 29 15:34:49 CET 2008

On Friday 29 February 2008 12:51:50 Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> 2008/2/29 Elan Ruusamäe <glen at delfi.ee>:
> > hi
> >
> >  this is again the thing that i don't understand how we should write
> > packages for pld.
> >
> >  the problem is that the dependency for requires(pre): /usr/sbin/getgid
> > is installed in same transaction, but later than the scritlet that
> > requires it is ran.
>
> Does the same happen when you manually pick files to install using
> command line rpm or smart? (It should be enough to copy&paste poldek's
> rpm invocation and remove --noorder).
>
> If this only happens in poldek then it needs to be fixed there. If
> not, ask Jeff.

oops. looks like the pkg doesn't have any deps mentioned. i was sure it was fixed, but the package is just old.

spec of libuuid in question:
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SPECS/e2fsprogs.spec?annotate=1.170;only_with_tag=auto-ac-e2fsprogs-1_40_4-1

                    492: %package -n libuuid
                    493: Summary:       Library for accessing and manipulating UUID
1.158     glen      494: Summary(pl.UTF-8):     Biblioteka umożliwiająca dostęp i zmiany UUID
1.160     qboosh    495: License:       BSD
1.117     arekm     496: Group:         Libraries
1.121     qboosh    497: Conflicts:     e2fsprogs < 1.34-3
1.117     arekm     498:
                    499: %description -n libuuid
                    500: Library for accessing and manipulating UUID.

sorry for bothering.

--
glen