boost devels

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Sat Jan 5 22:07:19 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 12:44:10AM +0100, Tomasz Pala wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 01:05:53 +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > > however file /usr/include/boost/call_traits.hpp belongs to
> > > boost-call_traits-devel which is not required. I think it should.
> >
> > so, fix it in cvs?
>
> boost-call_traits-devel requires boost-devel
>
> And so it's connected with 2nd question: what's the point in separating
> these three devels?
>
> > and if it's wrong then one knowing it will most likely revert or make proper
> > fix. i don't see problem here.
>
> The changes were made by maho 3 yrs ago. Now there is:
>
> poldek:/all-avail> ls boost-*-devel
> [...]
> 24 packages
>
> and I have no idea if only these 3 should be merged or all of them.

IIRC all boost headers together take over 20MB, so it's reasonable to
separate some big parts without dependency loops (like ublas or spirit).
Separating single small headers was pointless (or we'd end up with
several thousands of boost-*-devel packages with endless lists of
interdependencies).

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/