[SPECS] rc-boot - more work

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Sat Jan 5 22:41:52 CET 2008

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 08:41:52PM +0100, Kamil Dziedzic wrote:
> Also all Conflicts (C: lilo < 22.0.2-2, C: grub < 0.90-2) from rc-boot should
> be moved to packages with functions (rc-boot-lilo, rc-boot-grub).

There is no need for Conflicts in individual rc-boot-<bootloader>
packages, as these packages _require_ specific bootloader in specific
version (equal or >= some minimal).

> After removing "R: bootloader" from rc-boot.spec, "P: bootloader" in all
> bootloaders will become useless becouse only rc-boot uses this provides.
> But I think this Provide should stay for future.

It could be useful for something else.

> What all this changes gives:
> - rc-boot after install will be usable (becouse for example it will require
> rc-boot-lilo, which require lilo)

BTW, S: rc-boot-lilo in noarch rc-boot was wrong: lilo is available only
for 2 ABIs/one architecture.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/