SPECS: fortunes-pl.spec - add todo

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Sun Jan 6 14:00:17 CET 2008

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 01:36:20PM +0100, Tomasz Pala wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 14:13:42 +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
>
> > you can not generate that spec, because that will discard translations and few
> > other changes.
>
> THIS spec was generated. If you want other rules, just create another
> spec.
>
> > besides, last time i asked some POLISH developer to fix things in the spec, he
> > sent me to hell with reason if i care then fix my self (i was helping ac rm
>
> And what did you think?
> Last time I've reported broken (by someone!) sshd_config YOU told me to
> fix it myself.
> Last time I've reported some dumb reqs in boost-*-devel YOU told me to
> fix it myself.
>
> > and you can use the generator script to introduce new spec fragments, but you
>
> Not if this spec is generated entirely.

And it's bad practice.
Per analogiam: perl*.spec are often pregenerated (using pldcpan or so),
but all updates are done on existing spec, without losing changelog and
manual changes.

fortunes-pl update script could do the following tasks:
- pregenerate spec from scratch (once)
- update version in existing spec
- introduce new subpackages in existing spec

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/