Packaging .py files

Mariusz Mazur mmazur at kernel.pl
Fri Jul 18 01:24:13 CEST 2008

Dnia czwartek, 17 lipca 2008, Mariusz Mazur napisał:
> B) We can't save the world. Having more and more
> pld-specific patches makes it harder to maintain PLD so in specific cases
> it might make more sense to just give up and do what everybody else does.

Some stats (that's HEAD):

[mmazur at klapek SPECS]$ ls |grep spec$|wc -l
13023
[mmazur at klapek SPECS]$ grep ^Patch -r .|wc -l
11841
[mmazur at klapek SPECS]$ egrep '^%patch|:%patch' -r .|wc -l
11470
[mmazur at klapek SPECS]$ grep -c ^Patch -r .|grep -c ':0$'
8226

This means 37% of our spec files are patched with each of those speces having
almost 1.5 patch on average.

And now the same stats but only for packages that are currently found in 3.0
(both in main and in ready/test/updates/whatever; note the list isn't
perfect).

[mmazur at klapek THSPECS]$ ls *.spec|wc -l
5761
[mmazur at klapek THSPECS]$ grep ^Patch -r .|wc -l
5600
[mmazur at klapek THSPECS]$ egrep '^%patch|:%patch' -r .|wc -l
5445
[mmazur at klapek THSPECS]$ grep -c ^Patch -r .|grep -c ':0$'
3856

This means that Th contains ~45% of potential (in pure theory) packages
available in PLD.
Additionally: 67% of Th packages are patched with also almost 1.5 patches on
average.

At http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/pld/thlist.txt is a list of spec files
I've used, should anyone be interested in, dunno, maybe generating the same
numbers for the past two years (monthly intervals) and plotting that?

--
Judge others by their intentions and yourself by your results.
                                                                 Guy Kawasaki