permission of /home/services

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Mon Jul 21 14:52:44 CEST 2008

On Monday 21 July 2008 14:39:34 Marcin Krol wrote:
> > and doing chmod on directory from rpm package, will make the permissions
> > lost again if the owner package is upgraded. this is not consistent
> > behaviour.
>
> This can be prevented with %_netsharedpath. I'm using it ie. for
> /var/mail where our distribution default permissions prevent creation of
> new mailboxes.

this will also prevent creating subdirectories underneath it
(/home/services/apache/html, /home/services/apache/cgi-bin)

so this is still not the way.

if there's no real reason behind 711,root,adm permission i'd vote for
755,root,root (don't tell it's security is the reason, one can easily probe
existence of directories from there as most of these dirs came from distro
rpm packages).

--
glen