SPECS: perl-MIME-Lite.spec - reverted - moved to DEVEL (there's no required...

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Fri Jul 25 12:10:39 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 09:01:41 +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> > 1. %bcond_without autodeps (removed already)
> we have no policy, i tought it would be cool to have unifed perl packages header with autodeps/tests bconds.

Hmmm...
$  grep ^%bcond perl* | grep autodeps | wc -l
66

$  grep -v ^%bcond perl* | grep 'with autodeps' | wc -l
63

It doesn't seem to be well-spreaded, and if we want to use it it's even
better not to have this line in file when not really used - one can
simply grep to find out where it's done and where it's not.

$  grep -v ^%bcond perl* | grep 'with autodeps' | cut -f1 -d: | sort > with_autodeps
$  grep ^%bcond perl* | grep autodeps | cut -f1 -d: | sort > bcond_autodeps

$  diff bcond_autodeps with_autodeps | grep perl
> perl-Audio-CoolEdit.spec
< perl-Class-C3-XS.spec
> perl-Data-Serializer.spec
< perl-debug.spec
< perl-Gearman-Server.spec
< perl-IO-BufferedSelect.spec
< perl-Mail-SPF.spec
< perl-MogileFS-Server.spec
> perl-Net-IDN-Nameprep.spec
< perl-Python-Bytecode.spec
< perl-WWW-RobotRules-Parser.spec
> perl-XML-Dumper.spec
> perl-XML-SAX-Expat-Incremental.spec

I've just fixed specs with no bcond definition and, well... removed empty
bconds from left-hand list.

BTW
1. all of the 'right-hand' have make install not pure_install - what's the difference?
2. pldcpan seems to create spec with newline at the end - it shouldn't.
3. how one can do this in svn-like repo?

> > 2. %{_mandir}/man3/* having no files at all?
> what you mean? i do have file(s) there.

Haven't noticed creating them.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>