kernel + xorg + nvidia

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Fri Jul 25 22:09:23 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 09:57:12PM +0200, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Jakub Bogusz <qboosh at pld-linux.org> wrote:
> > Both build parts (kernel and userspace) are optional, so there is.
> >
> > And both parts could live in different roots.
>
> Last time I tried it didn't work inside vservers/kvm. Maybe it's
> different now

I think virtualization matters here, it could disallow access to devices;
simple chroot should work.

> but still the current solution breaks multiple kernels
> (two kernel modules require two different versions of the same
> package).

At least release should be dropped from kernel module R.
Anyway, I don't like hard kernel/userspace dependencies in any
direction - maybe it should be Conflicts (<%{version}, >%{version},
no release) or Suggests.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/