th-i686, problem with building VirtualBox.spec, xorg-driver-video-nvidia.spec and propably more

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Mon Jun 2 09:21:31 CEST 2008

On Sunday 01 June 2008 23:58:31 Marcin Krol wrote:
> > Why would you need kernel-source to build anything?
>
> I don't know, but I remember that I had to install it to build some
> kernel related specs. Sadly, I don't remember which specs :(
/usr/src/linux/config-dist cames from kernel-headers package, and that was the
error. kernel-source is required by iptables as it detects which addons to
build based on files found in sourcedir and that is in BR.

most likely kernel-headers are provided by some older
kernel-grsecurity-headers package. rpm -q --whatprovides kernel-headers to
find it out.

--
glen