SPECS: sabayon.spec - 2.22.0 - actually works

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Wed Mar 19 17:56:39 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Elan Ruusamäe <glen at delfi.ee> wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 March 2008 17:58:24 Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
>  > On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Elan Ruusamäe <glen at delfi.ee> wrote:
>  > > On Thursday 13 March 2008 01:18:17 Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
>  > >  > On Thursday 13 March 2008 01:05, patrys wrote:
>  > >  > > -Requires:      shadow
>  > >  > > +Requires:      pwdutils
>  > >  >
>  > >  > isn't the "shadow" virtual that pwdutils provides?
>  > >
>  > >  hello?
>  >
>  > In th pwdutils is the only package that provides shadow. It's also the
>  > only package that supports our group/user adding macros.
>
>  argh, yeah th forever! (i don't care of anything)
>
>  but XFree86 virtual deps were (are) used long time even AC used X11! so will
>  this be virtual or not (shadow)?

You can change this to shadow but be aware that the shadow's useradd
can't handle the params %adduser macro passes so it will only work
with pwdutils even if you stick with Ac (unless Ac has different build
macros or unless the macros were adapted to support shadow utils).

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution