SPECS: libntlm.spec - force system libtool, which is not broken; r...

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Thu Mar 27 17:33:39 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 03:20:41PM +0100, Marcin Krol wrote:
> On 27.03.2008 13:18, glen wrote:
> > Author: glen                         Date: Thu Mar 27 12:18:17 2008 GMT
> > Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> > ---- Log message:
> > - force system libtool, which is not broken; rel 2
> >
> > ---- Files affected:
> > SPECS:
> >    libntlm.spec (1.17 -> 1.18)

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

> Same problem with gsasl.spec. Maybe it will help in finding reason which
> will allow more generic fix.

It seems that problem comes from libtool macros placed in supplied m4 subdir
(libtool.m4, lt*.m4). There are two solutions:
- use libtool 2.2[1] which will overwrite these files with up to date
  versions
- remove these files (like I did in shishi.spec before libtool 2.2 was
  released).

[1] I'm not sure if it's ready for PLD - I've tested only ~30(?) packages
  utilizing libtool so far, some of them needed patching, some of them
  required patching libtool ;). There'll probably be libtool 2.2.2 with
  most important fixes soon.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/