CVSROOT: cvswrappers - treat patches as binary files

Marcin Krol hawk at limanowa.net
Mon Nov 3 11:38:31 CET 2008

> this will make cvsweb unable to provide diffs between versions,

Diffs works just fine with this change on both old and new cvsweb.

> however, we shouldn't add msdos files to cvs, undos the sources before
> patching instead is better solution.

No no no. I don't want to see dos2unix going automagically on all and
every sources. We must be able add any type of file to CVS.

Its CVS fault that it tries to be smarter than user adding the file. CVS
shouldn't change contents of any file, no matter what type of file is
being added/commited. I agree, current solution is just workaround, but
problem should be fixed at CVS server level. Either by configuring it
properly (if its possible) or by patching it to remove this dos2unix
stupidity.

M.