CVSROOT: cvswrappers - treat patches as binary files

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Mon Nov 3 18:24:27 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 15:41:05 +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

>> Nope - this makes sending our patches upstream harder.
> sending upstream is always problematic...

But it's easier to send link to webcvs with comments, history etc.

> and if we're not talking about c-sources, then i don't like to see mixed
> encoded files in pear or php dirs...

I don't like to see files that differ from original, especially when
comparing different versions (e.g. new tarballs updated by author).

>> Maybe it's better idea to add -l (--ignore-whitespace) to %__patch?
>
> doesn't this create some unwanted changes that doesn't even think can came
> out?

I can't imagine something like this could happen in real situation.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>