ca-certificates

Jan Rekorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Mon Nov 3 19:59:44 CET 2008

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> my question was not about (pld) distro, but about openssl centric dir. good
> you pointed out HEAD is different in packaging. however you are also blind to
> assume only openssl exist as ssl implementation, and nss is crap. what about
> gnutls, yassl (mysql)?

Good point.
My opinion on nss is based on the need to recompile the
whole thing just because a static data, orthogonal to code base changed.
I'll consider it worthy When nss starts supporting PEM format certs and
external CA database.

> wget for example is able to use openssl, gnutls, libssl (yassl?), lftp prefers
> gnutls, pidgin can't work with openssl with msn, so gnutls should be used
> there.

Yeah, like I said in other post, feel free to change that dir.

Janek
--
Jan Rekorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?