TeXLive

Zsolt Udvari udvzsolt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 19:05:35 CET 2008

> Since tetex is unmaintained we will certainly need TeXLive at one
> point or another. I suggest you make the package split however you
> feel is appropriate, add necessary obsoletes and just commit it.
> Others will have their chance to improve upon your work if they feel
> that's necessary before migrating PLD to the new TeX. Currently the
> tetex-* package tree in PLD is huge and there is no point in splitting
> "just because we can".
And one more reason: I'm (relative) beginner in LaTeX (I've used about
5 years plainTeX), and sometimes not found the package what I need
(last time was the exam class). But when it's splitted many
subpackage, I can see it in poldek with 'ls texlive-latex-*', and
'desc texlive-latex-foo', so maybe I (and others) can found the needed
package (=package with a specified feature) easier.

Zsolt