jakarta-commons-*.spec naming

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Fri Oct 3 21:24:19 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 10:04:52PM +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> i understand that we need to rename packages that have moved to
> http://commons.apache.org
>
> how do we call them?
>
> - apache-commons-io (*)
> - commons-io
> - java-commons-io
> - java-apache-commons-io
>
> (*) i prefer this one, unless it rises some additional confusion or
> restruction due name use...

I prefer the third ("java-commons-io") and I would be happy to see
similar change for all java libraries. This way they would be grouped
like python or perl modules. And there would be no confusion because
of the http server in 'apache' package or because library names looking like
application names.

Greets,
        Jacek