sshd vs openvpn

Przemyslaw Iskra sparky at pld-linux.org
Tue Oct 7 10:14:22 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 04:57:48AM +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> hi
>
> we had suffered one incident when one server did not came "up" because openvpn
> had server certificate which was protected by password and therefore it was
> waiting for password input and no other service (sshd was crucial) was not
> brought up until someone pressed enter.

how about supplying --askpass /dev/null in default args ? or add some
--no-interactive option to openvpn code.

I think startup scripts should never wait for user input, and that
would co it.

--
 ____  Sparky{PI] -- Przemyslaw _  ___  _  _  ........... LANG...Pl..Ca..Es..En
/____) ___  ___  _ _ || Iskra  |  | _ \| |  | : WWW........ppcrcd.pld-linux.org