jakarta-commons-*.spec naming

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Thu Oct 9 01:24:14 CEST 2008

On Friday 03 October 2008 22:24, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 10:04:52PM +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > i understand that we need to rename packages that have moved to
> > http://commons.apache.org
> >
> > how do we call them?
> >
> > - apache-commons-io (*)
> > - commons-io
> > - java-commons-io
> > - java-apache-commons-io
> >
> > (*) i prefer this one, unless it rises some additional confusion or
> > restruction due name use...
>
> I prefer the third ("java-commons-io") and I would be happy to see
> similar change for all java libraries. This way they would be grouped
> like python or perl modules. And there would be no confusion because
> of the http server in 'apache' package or because library names looking
> like application names.
what about pathnames, shall we keep java- there?
for example %{_javadocdir} already is directory for only java documentation:

lrw-r--r--    1 root    root               32 Oct  9 02:22 /usr/share/javadoc/java-classpathx_servlet -> java-classpathx_servlet-20000924
drwxr-xr-x    2 root    root                0 Oct  9 02:22 /usr/share/javadoc/java-classpathx_servlet-20000924

--
glen