gdm 2.24.0

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Mon Oct 13 18:18:04 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Fryderyk Dziarmagowski <freetz at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:34:39 +0200
> "Patryk Zawadzki" <patrys at pld-linux.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Radoslaw Zielinski
>> <radek at pld-linux.org> wrote:
>> > 2) it's not finished, according to http://live.gnome.org/GDM
>> Wrong, I'm a GNOME dev and can assure you it's part of GNOME 2.24 release.
> So what? There are way too much regressions in 2.24 to include it in
> serious distribution.
>
> Being a part a GNOME 2.24 does not mean nothing and the best example
> for this is completly unfinished gnome-session. Gentoo will not even
> release 2.24 due to seriuos regressions.

I didn't say it's perfect, all I meant is it's the current stable
version. I agree that 2.24 deserves a whole lot of brown paper bag
fixes but I don't think gdm startup sequence is one of them. I propose
we provide gdm2.20 package along gdm anyway as some system might
depend on features of the old gdm.

And I see no reason to fight over it.

--
Patryk Zawadzki