SOURCES: mysql.init - fixed bullshit about changing password for mysql_sysa...

Jan Rekorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Tue Oct 14 08:49:37 CEST 2008

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> On Monday 13 October 2008 18:22, Jan Rekorajski wrote:
> > Are you sure?
>
> not anymore :)
>
> however i'd leave only 'localhost' entry from default install.

I'm all for it! :)

> it's totaly pita if you forgot to configure hostname prior mysql install, and
> if you really need access elsewhere than localhost, you can add it later.
>
> currently default install sets:
> mysql at localhost
> mysql at 127.0.0.1
> mysql@$HOSTNAME
>
> now looking, that in our initscript we try to resolve hostname, but @@hostname
> is provided by mysql server itself (at least 5.0.67)

Oh, yeah, it just bit  me, I had unresolvable hostname and mysql db init
script tripped over it and fell face down ;) Let's just leave
mysql at localhost (no fancy 127.0.0.1, If you can't resolve localhost,
breaking mysql init is the least of you problems ;).

Janek
--
Jan Rekorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?