SPECS: python.spec - added python R to modules subpackage

Zsolt Udvari udvzsolt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 10:56:17 CEST 2008

> That's not true, modules can be used by any package with python embedded
> (by linking with its library), without using /usr/bin/python executable.
Hm. I tried to install quodlibet (this is a python-based music
player). On my system was install python 2.5, and quoadlibet has some
python-deps, so it were install with quodlibet as dependencies. But it
didn't work, because of python version mismatch: these modules
installed to /usr/lib/python2.6 and the "old-installed" modules were
in python2.5. So I should update python, but after that the
python-modules doesn't worked (the python didn't find the
"old-installed" modules). After I've update the python-modules (2.5 to
2.6) and it works.
This is the reason why I've add the python R to python-modules.
Maybe I "corrected" it bad, maybe should add some R to quodlibet (same
version of python and python-modules).

Zsolt