SPECS: glibc.spec S: tzdata, too then

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Mon Oct 27 11:42:54 CET 2008

On Oct 27, 2008, at 4:09 AM, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> On Monday 27 October 2008 00:06, Tomasz Pala wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 16:32:51 -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>>> Hint: read up on using %_dependency_whiteout to snip loops
>>> deterministically.
>>> The better fix, changing the packaging to not have any loops, is a
>>> much harder issue to solve.
>>
>> That's why I wanted not to have S for packages with the same %{name}
>> prefix, as they often require base package (xyz-plugin R: xyz, so
>> don't
>> S: xyz-plugin from xyz).
>
> the deps place is perhaps basesystem?
>
> %description
> While this package does not contain any files, it does perform an
> important function. It defines the components of a basic PLD
> distribution, providing packages install in right order.

Perhaps.

But basesystem exists solely because of the way that RedHat used to
"cookie cutter"
distros before sending a tree for the next batch of cdroms' to be
burned.

Maybe PLD is planning on burning cdroms for distribution too?

Seriously, the basesystem package is as useless as toe nails and an
appendix.

73 de Jeff