SPECS: rpm.spec - 5.1.6 - updated TODO (will glob patch finally go away?)

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Tue Oct 28 23:46:35 CET 2008

On Oct 28, 2008, at 6:39 PM, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> On Tuesday 28 of October 2008, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>> On Oct 28, 2008, at 6:20 PM, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
>>> http://rpm5.org/cvs/tktview?tn=38&_submit=Show really got fixed?
>>
>> If not fixed, I need a more precise reproducer.
>>
>> The problem that I saw before, multiple RPMTAG_DESCRIPTION
>> tags ending up in packages using rpm-5.1, I tried (and could not)
>> reproduce
>> with the case you originally gave me.
>
> Next time please file proper comment into rpm5.org bug system.

I tried (see the url), but the @rpm5.org bug system is rather awkward
and fragile.

What is a proper comment anyways?

> Will retest again at some point.

Please do. and if you send me a toy srpm reproducer, then I
will wire up into rpm's "make check". You can easily add too,
just check in a tests/foo*.srpm, that will automatically be rebuilt
and installed, which should exercise obvious flaws.

No matter what: RPM_I18NSTRING_TYPE needs to Die! Die! Die!

A data type that sometimes is a scalar, and sometimes is an array,
is no useful data type imho.

I know several ways to eliminate RPM_I18NSTRING_TYPE with
no loss of functionality if I extend arbitrary tag permitted
characters. But I cannot make a PLD change for you.

73 de Jeff