INFO: cvs downtime

Jan Rekorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Wed Apr 29 01:30:26 CEST 2009

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Andrzej Krzysztofowicz wrote:

> Tomasz Pala wrote:

> > > Couldn't it be done server-side as symlinks? Via cron?
> >
> > Dunno. Apparently this transition was not prepared (I mean: Authors(TM)
> > didn't consider arguments from previous discussions).
>
> cdg ?

Nah... Authors(TM) are well aware of the arguments from previous
discussions. AFAIR switch from flat SPECS/SOURCES to package-per-dir was
agreed on (with some kind of server side symlinked SPECS). The rest was
a flame fest, all previous discussions ended in a flame fest, and a VCS war.

Yes, transition was not prepared perfectly, if we stared preparing
we wouldn't do it. Again.

Sorry for the inconviences we caused, but that was the only way to clean
up cesspool that SOURCES became. And it is IMO more effective to do
something and then squash the bugs than neverending planning.

--
Jan Rekorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?