Aktualne PHP powinno wymagać aktualnego pcre, problem z php-eaccelerator

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Wed Dec 2 11:21:37 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 11:11:35 +0100, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:

>> Do you volunteer to KEEP track of exact PHP Rs? Because it's virtually
>> impossible to maintain such Rs during package upgrades.
>
> Uhm, it's packager's job to make sure software actually works.

It will work for anyone who has working _environment_ (yes, IMHO missing
php-session is flawned env). People are not unerring and I doubt anyone
removes all his packages in order to track every single R. And I'm sure
noone reads sources or diff against previous version to track changes.

Separating core modules without any reason creates only another Point Of
Failure. That's an error in terms of engineering.

> Otherwise we could replace everyone with a short perl script that just
> bump the version to the latest stable.

That's the way it is done for many packages I've seen.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>