php autodep generator (was: Re: Aktualne PHP powinno wymagać aktualnego pcre, problem z php-eaccelerator)

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Thu Dec 3 08:44:21 CET 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 12:18:14 Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 December 2009 12:08:35 Tomasz Pala wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 11:54:13 +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > > goal is to write down deps in pkgs. too bad original spec developer
> > > didn't care writing down requirements. these are usually written in
> > > README files,
> >
> > You're kidding? Maybe we should enumerate such things like glibc or FHS
> > too, in case someone in future has a brilliant idea and splits something?
>
> glibc is enumerated.
>
> you're welcome to write php autodep generator.
>
> there's some unfinished work done @
> http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SOURCES.old/rpm-php-requires.php

now at
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/packages/rpm/rpm-php-requires.php

tested it now on cacti...

seems noautodep on pear(.*) likely needed, i.e to catch only extension deps.

and also mysql/pgsql/ldap as those are optional.
but what about the extension dep.
if main requirement is php 5.2.0, then extensions use virtual dep,
which could still result you incomplete installations as the php4 extension satisfy.

version the virtual dependencies too?
support only php5+? (in which means no more php4 supported in any pld distro branches)

$ find /home/glen/tmp/cacti-0.8.7e-root-glen -name '*.php' | ./rpm-php-requires.php
pear($path/$file/setup.php)
pear(include/top_header.php)
pear(include/bottom_footer.php)
pear(../lib/import.php)
pear(/etc/webapps/cacti/config.php)
pear(/usr/share/php/adodb/adodb.inc.php)
pear(../lib/data_query.php)
pear(../lib/tree.php)
pear(../lib/poller.php)
pear(../lib/template.php)