Xorg requires hal daemon

Paweł Zuzelski z at xatka.net
Sat Feb 21 20:49:43 CET 2009

On Saturday 21 of February 2009 18:56:07 Tomasz Pala wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 18:51:35 +0100, Zsolt Udvari wrote:
> > I've installed the newest xorg and it didn't run. I've googled and
> > found that the newest xorg needs hal daemon.
> > http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg_input_hotplugging#Requirements
> > "Besides installing a supported driver, both dbus and hal have to be
> > running." Please correct in the spec-files!
>
> No, it does not require hal daemon. It's just default _configuration_.

So imo we should add Suggests or %banner. It is a bit confusing that xorg does
not work out of the box. There is no error message nor info about hal daemon.
Not every user or even developer knows that.

--
    .....        Pozdrawiam,                                             .....
  .....              Pawel Zuzelski                                    .....