Merging PLD patches for RPM @rpm5.org

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Sun Jan 18 17:37:43 CET 2009

On Jan 18, 2009, at 10:56 AM, Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:

> Jeff Johnson <n3npq at mac.com> [18-01-2009 16:31]:
> [...]
>> Is the AUTODEP_PKGNAMES portion of the rpm-pld-autodep.patch, which
>> maps
>> dependencies back to package names, actually useful/used by PLD? The
>
> No.
>
> It has been turned off for Th, as it's an endless source of annoyances
> for cases where multiple packages can satisfy a given dependency.

ok, thanks.

The case of multiple Provides: could be detected during the mapping
and the mapping could be disabled (or build failed) when multiple
Provides:
are encountered.

Does that permit AUTODEP_PKGNAMES to be useful/used by Th?

Note that my personal POV is that the AUTODEP_PKGNAMES mapping is
insufficiently
general because the mapping applies only to Requires:, ignoring all
other dependencies.

But the mapping to package names could be attempted for other
dependencies too.

73 de Jeff