SPECS: template-python.spec - python 2.4 is only in AC line, let's use (kin...

wrobell wrobell at pld-linux.org
Thu Jan 22 11:49:21 CET 2009

Patryk Zawadzki writes:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:49 AM, wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 07:18:57AM +0100, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
>>> Why mess? This is exact condition.
>>>
>>> If some day Ac goes to python 2.5 (unlikely, but...), such distro-line
>>> conditions will need to be changed.
>> so new bcond for other languange in AC. for some framework new bcond as
>> well...  and so on? do you want to track all of them?
>
> The whole point being: egg-info files are python 2.5+-specific, not Th-specific.

good point :]

some want to support AC on HEAD - that's all.

we do _not_ want to support python 2.4 on HEAD, do we?
well, until you want to live in hell :P

it is really amazing. we started with one ac bcond in xulrunner.spec
and we will have over 20 specs affected (python), more when the rest
follows. i wonder who will cleanup this mess in the future.

regards,

   wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org>