SPECS: template-python.spec - python 2.4 is only in AC line, let's use (kin...

wrobell wrobell at pld-linux.org
Fri Jan 23 01:30:52 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:44:51PM +0100, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:49:21AM +0100, wrobell wrote:
> > Patryk Zawadzki writes:

> > > The whole point being: egg-info files are python 2.5+-specific, not Th-specific.
> >
> > good point :]
> >
> > some want to support AC on HEAD - that's all.
> >
> > we do _not_ want to support python 2.4 on HEAD, do we?
> > well, until you want to live in hell :P
>
> Some want to support python 2.4 in some specs, I don't care why, for Ac
> or different purposes.

but i do care. i really want to know why i am supposed to maintain some
support for obsolete software on HEAD.  my only conclusion is - AC line.

i do understand above need and as you can see i am ok to help with
something i don't use. but it should be done in such way, so we know
why it is there. this way, in the future, i will know when to stop above
support (i.e. AC is dead or it got python 2.5) and it will be easy to
identify what is supposed to be changed - for example, if some other distro
line still uses python 2.4 (or some other old software/whatever).

anyway, AC-branch is better solution. there would be no problem, then.

[...]

regards,

    wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org>