SPECS: udev.spec - up to 137

Artur Frysiak wiget at pld-linux.org
Sun Jan 25 20:24:24 CET 2009

2009/1/25 Jan Rekorajski <baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl>:
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, arekm wrote:
>
>> Author: arekm                        Date: Sun Jan 25 18:56:28 2009 GMT
>> Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
>> ---- Log message:
>> - up to 137
>
> I wonder if you read the NEWS/README files that come with udev...
> Because, starting with 136, udev in PLD is only half functional.
> We don't have cdrom, dialout and tape groups. If you're so intent
> on upgrading udev, then upgrade our setup, too.

Quoting from README:
Requirements:
  - Version 2.6.22 of the Linux kernel for reliable operation of this release of
    udev. The kernel must not use the CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED* option.
[...]
  - The system must have the following group names resolvable at udev startup:
      disk, cdrom, floppy, tape, audio, video, lp, tty, dialout, kmem.
    Especially in LDAP setups, it is required, that getgrnam() is able
to resolve
    these group names with only the rootfs mounted, and while no network is
    available.

CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED is enabled in 2.6.27.10.
No cdrom, tape, dialout groups.
--
Artur Frysiak