SPECS: hudson.spec - deploy hudson in tomcat - is this a correct way to pac...

Paweł Zuzelski z at xatka.net
Tue Jan 27 00:38:51 CET 2009

On Monday 26 of January 2009 23:03:52 wrobell wrote:
> > > 2. hudson can be run standalone using embedded winstone http server,
> > >    i would suggest putting tomcat related stuff into separate
> > > subpackage
> >
> > It would be great to have subpackages: hudson-tomcat and
> > hudson-standalone (hudson-jboss, hudson-my-fovorite-application-server)?
> > If there is anyone who want to maintain and use other configurations than
> > hudson-tomcat, feel free to split hudson into subpackages. I need hudson
> > only as an application inside tomcat.
>
> i do understand, but from the start you put dependencies, which are not
> needed...  if one uses jboss, geronimo or whatever.
... then current version of my package won't work for him at all.

> > And what do you think about deploing apps into tomcat using rpm? AFAIK no
> > other distro does it this way (am I right?).
>
> imho, that's nice. the only problem i see if you start to put tomcat
> dependency on every java lib/app we have :)
Only to those apps that need some sort of app server (-:

> so i would suggest subpackages
> :)
OK, so I will add dependency like R:hudson-appservconfig, and add
subpackage -tomcat (P:hudson-appservconfig) that will contain context.xml,
web.xml etc. It should be easy to add another subpackages containing
configuration for other applications servers, or even -standalone package.

--
    .....        Pozdrawiam,                                             .....
  .....              Pawel Zuzelski                                    .....