packages: wesnoth/wesnoth.spec - wesnoth and wesnoth-server conflict with g...

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Thu Jul 23 20:09:59 CEST 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 20:21, Jarosław Kruk wrote:
> Dnia 2009-07-23, czw o godzinie 14:36 +0200, lisu pisze:
> > Author: lisu                         Date: Thu Jul 23 12:36:08 2009 GMT
> > Module: packages                      Tag: HEAD
> > ---- Log message:
> > - wesnoth and wesnoth-server conflict with glibc-misc < 6:2.7 (sr at Latn
> > vs. sr at latin)
> >

> > +# sr at Latn vs. sr at latin
> > +Conflicts:	glibc-misc < 6:2.7
>
> Nie mam w tym momencie czasu, żeby rzucić na to okiem, ale to mi wygląda
> bardzo podejrzanie. Jesteś pewien tego konfliktu ?

[en via google translate]
> I do not know at this point, time to throw to the eye, but it looks to me
> very suspicious. Are you sure this conflict?

yes. this is pretty standard, seen in other specs too:

glen at builder-ac pld/all-specs $ grep -B1 glibc kde-i18n.spec
# sr at Latn vs. sr at latin
Conflicts:      glibc-misc < 6:2.7

however, now that everything, including locales were moved back to main
package, not sure about this conflict line. we should include there perhaps
version after the merge (as no earlier version is present):
Conflicts:      glibc < 6:2.10.1-5

or how do you handle such deps in sane manner?

and do we need the conflict at all as it would fail to install due missing
dirdeps anyway for older glibc...

--
glen