--rootfs option for geninitrd

Przemyslaw Iskra sparky at pld-linux.org
Fri Jun 5 13:30:22 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 01:16:25PM +0200, Paweł Zuzelski wrote:
> I would like to apply following patch to geninitrd:

> Sometimes I need to generate initrd for other machine with different
> root filesystem type. It would be easier to pass --rootfs option to
> initrd then create "fake" fstab.
>
> Any comments?

I'd say it's a very particular case. You need the same HD controller,
exactly the same kernel, no lvm or raid on any of those machines, yet
you use different filesystem on root partition.

Fake fstab is much more general and not so problematic way to acomplish
it.

--
 ____  Sparky{PI] -- Przemyslaw _  ___  _  _  ........... LANG...Pl..Ca..Es..En
/____) ___  ___  _ _ || Iskra  |  | _ \| |  | : WWW........ppcrcd.pld-linux.org